Operation Smile spreads smiles through Chiriqui, Panama in April 2010!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Here's What It's About:


So this morning I was going through all the donations I have received for my trip to Panama this spring, and I realized how much I wanted to share with everyone how generous people have been with donations. I was inspired by the wonderful Lisa Adachi's blog for her trip to Amman, Jordan. I really enjoyed reading it to follow her trip so I decided to start a blog to share about my trip to Chiriqui, Panama on April 17th, 2010.

Here is a little background about my trip:
At Operation Smile Mission Training on January 18th, 2010 I was assigned to go on a trip with Operation Smile to David Chiriqui, Panama with Shannon Robb, my mission partner.
On the trip, we will be a student educators and provide pre and post operation comfort to patients and their families. As student educators will teach oral rehydration therapy, dental hygiene. burn care, and nutrition.
And finally, I am so excited to meet my student sponsor, Pamela Frost!

Something that's unique about my mission is that I already know how many patients there will be! There are going to be a total of 152 patients who will receive surgeries from all over Panama. Here is the break down of where the patients will be from: Cocle: 6, Colon: 6, Chiriqui: 47, Herrera: 5, Los Santos: 1, Panama: 49, Veraguas: 38.

Here is what it looks like in Chiriqui:





Holy cow, I leave in 27 days! I have so much to do!

1 comment:

  1. Julia, how is that I didn't even KNOW you had this??? My heart broke when I found this TODAY. Yeah homework is gonna take a backseat while I read ALL about your mish!!! ahhh Panama looked absolutely gorgeous. And Wow. I am so jealous. I KNOW you had an amazing time:) Thanks for the shoutout

    ReplyDelete